According to the CDC, the ultraviolet (UV) rays from the sun can damage your skin in as little as 15 minutes, which makes it very important to do your part to protect your family and your skin whenever possible.
Ways to Protect Your Skin From the Sun:
- Wear sunscreen every day, even if it is cloudy outside.
- Seek out shade when possible.
- Limit time in the sun, especially during the hours of 10 am to 4 pm when UV rays are typically the strongest.
- When possible protect your skin with hats, long sleeve shirts, and pants.
- Choose a sunscreen that protects from both UVA and UVB rays.
- Wear sunglasses that protect against UV rays.
- Use a sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher.
- Reapply sunscreen every two hours.